Our goal is to provide the best veterinary care and the best experience for each pet and owner, with our core values always at the forefront.
We strive to deliver high-quality medical care with the best possible outcomes and to embrace opportunities to continually raise the bar on our performance.
We are committed to giving every patient and owner our full attention and dedication so that each encounter is fulfilling and rewarding for everyone involved.
We aim to treat every person and pet with sensitivity, empathy, and compassion and to apply core Fear Free principles to every encounter with our patients.
We shall attempt to provide the best, most honest information available to our clients and arm them with the tools to make the best decisions for their pets.
We promise to work together to the best of our abilities; to be open to change; to foster a positive environment of open and honest communication, cooperation, supportiveness, personal growth, and mutual productivity.
RVH Employee Benefits Eligibility Summary
All regular employees (part and full-time):
- Veterinary products and services discount: Free exams, 50% off services, and products at cost (immediately)
- Holiday pay (immediately)
- Paid sick leave per City of Portland regulations (immediate accrual 1 hour earned per 30 hours worked)
Full time employees (32+ hours/week); 1st of the month after 60 days:
- Medical (three plans to choose from), vision, and dental insurance (RVH contributes up to 50% of monthly premiums for employees)
Full-time employees; after a 90-day probationary period:
- Above benefits, plus:
- Uniform allowance (2 sets of scrubs per year)
- Paid sick leave up to 40 hours per year – bank available for use (see accrual method above)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (RVH pays premium)
- Fear-free individual certification paid by RVH
- X-ray certification and training paid by RVH
- Annual bonus - December
- Aflac supplemental insurance option, paid in full by the employee
All employees; after one year AND 1,000 hours of service
- 401K with up to 4% match
Full-time employees; after 1 continuous year of service:
- Paid vacation up to 40 hours per year
- Parental leave (six weeks paid out of the 12 weeks allowed unpaid by the FMLA) upon the birth or adoption of a child
- Pet insurance for one pet of employee’s choice – monthly premium paid by RVH up to $100/mo.
Full-time employees; after 5 continuous years of service:
- Paid vacation up to 80 hours per year
- Wellness membership(s)
If this sounds like the place for you, please check our current openings. We’d love to see a cover letter highlighting why you think you’d be a good fit for our practice as well as a full updated resume or CV. Please send all questions and inquiries regarding applications and/or open positions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Employees Love Us See What They Are Saying
I love Roseway because of the opportunities we are provided to grow here and because everyone who works here truly treats every patient with love.
Stefanie C., Assistant
I love working at Roseway Vet because our culture is second to none. It is a privilege to be part of such an amazing team. We have the most amazing doctors and staff I have ever worked with.
Brandi P., Office Manager
Jessica S., Receptionist
Dr. Jerry Voorhees
Associate Veterinarian Wanted for Quality Portland Practice in a Community You’ll Love!
Roseway Veterinary Hospital is looking for a third associate DVM for a part-time to full-time position at our progressive, busy, AAHA-accredited practice. We have an exceptional staff, an amazing founding veterinarian, and engaged, devoted clients.
We can offer you a great quality of life working with a team of professionals who truly care about each other in a family-like environment. At Roseway, you will make great money without a cap, but not at the expense of your mental health and sanity, which (along with patient needs) is prioritized over hitting caseload goals and upselling clients. Your decisions will have an impact on our organization, and you will have the opportunity to create a community with your colleagues, patients, and clients. You will have intellectually stimulating cases and superb support staff and management team members to support your work.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a calm and kind bedside manner, a passion for client education, and be comfortable handling animals with minimal restraint in a gentle, low-stress way (if you are trained in Fear Free techniques, that’s even better).
If you’re a seasoned DVM or an exceptional recent graduate and truly desire the type of environment we describe, we’d like to talk to you about what we have to offer, which includes:
- A stellar reputation! Check us out at: rosewayvet.com
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Life, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Student loan stipend
- 401K with matching employer contribution
- Continuing education
- Uniform allowance
- Discount pet care
- Wellness/gym club membership
- Annual bonus
- Paid vacation/PTO
- Pet insurance
Associate Veterinarians must be a successful graduate with a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited program, as well as pass the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE) to be licensed to practice medicine.
Interested in working with us? Send a cover letter, resume, or CV to Delaney Davis at email@example.com.
(We require COVID vaccines for all our staff. We no longer require masks for clients or are in a curbside model. We follow all CDC, OHA, and OSHA recommendations and guidelines as necessary for the health and safety of our staff and clients.)
Veterinary Technician Wanted – CVT License Not Required
(Offering Signing Bonus)
Great Benefits, Awesome Team, 5-Star Practice
Roseway Veterinary Hospital in NE Portland has a unique and valuable opportunity for an experienced Veterinary Technician to round out our amazing team. We’re progressive, AAHA-accredited, and yes—even in this economy, we are growing fast! Our clients are loyal and engaged, and we’re a practice that truly cares about the health and well-being of our tight-knit team.
Roseway Veterinary Hospital is committed to employee engagement. If you are selected to join our family, we will ensure you have the tools you need to succeed, as well as the flexibility to enjoy the wonderful city of Portland and the surrounding Northwest. We understand that our team is our most valuable resource; our actions exemplify that.
This is a position with lots of variety, and your duties will include:
- Wellness care and client education
- Monitoring patients under anesthesia
- Venipuncture and IV catheter placement
- Vaccinating and medicating patients
- Dental prophylaxis
- Full body and dental digital radiography
- Filling prescriptions
- Laboratory procedures and specimen handling
- Managing patient records through Pulse software
- Surgery and procedure prep and assistance
- Reception and kennel duties
In addition to being an EXPERIENCED veterinary technician, we are looking for someone who is:
- hard-working, friendly, and flexible
- an excellent communicator
- passionate about client education
- dependable and honest
- experienced or familiar with Fear Free techniques—we are committed to low-stress handling
We’re looking to fill this position as soon as possible and can offer you:
- Signing bonus for qualified applicants after 30 days’ service
- Competitive compensation package dependent on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (full-time staff)
- Paid vacation time(full-time staff)
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- 401K with employer matching
- Continuing education (CVT)
- Uniform allowance
- Discount pet care
- Annual bonus
- Opportunities for professional growth
Please send BOTH a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Seeking a ROCKSTAR Veterinary Assistant
At Roseway Veterinary Hospital, we have built a staff culture of core values that include honesty, accountability, loyalty, professionalism, team focus, and client service. We offer careers, not jobs, and we care for our staff as though they are our family.
Roseway Veterinary Hospital is a collaborative group of pet professionals all under one roof, building long-term relationships with each other, our clients, and our beloved patients.
We are looking to welcome a new member to our team, specifically a Veterinary Assistant. The ideal candidate will be looking for a long-term position with our practice and will have some prior veterinary experience, particularly as a room assistant and with gentle animal restraint. As you will need to communicate with our clients about their pets, outstanding communication skills will be critical to your success.
This is an opportunity to make a daily impact on the health and happiness of pets in your care. We will be providing you with the tools to have a fulfilling career; all we ask is that you show up with a willing, positive attitude!
This will be a full-time position with a competitive wage and a generous benefits package. To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter.
Thank you for considering our practice!